Like any good thing, candles require some basic care and guidelines to ensure that you get the most out of each burn. Following these tips can help your candle last longer, burn more evenly, and help you get more enjoyment!
1. Your first burn should be 2-4 hours, allowing the melt pool to reach the end of the container. Not doing so can create tunneling. Always place candles on a fire resistant surface.
2. Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch. This promotes an even burn. Scissors, wick trimmers, or even nail clippers will do the trick!
3. Never leave a candle unattended. Keep candle away from drafts, children, and pets.
4. Extinguish the candle and let cool before touching or moving. The safest way to do this is to use a wick snuffer. You can also blow the flame out, but do so carefully as to not splash hot wax.
5. Discontinue candle use when 1/2 inch of wax remains. Burning longer can cause damage or even glass to shatter.
6. Use an extra long match or lighter when lighting a long container. Never hold the flame directly to the glass as this can also cause the glass to crack or shatter.
Note that for wooden wicks, when you light the wick you should light the flame over the entire wick. Only lighting one side may cause the flame to burn unevenly.
Have other questions? Email us at email@example.com!